Best mouse for AutoCAD and 3D Modelling, Any designer, be it a professional designer or an amateur, cannot proceed and create great designs if he/she does not have an advanced and well-designed mouse rendering to their designing requirement which you will get in this list of the best mouse for architects
To work on AutoCAD with complete precision and expertise is not possible without an important hardware tool that’s a mouse and that too an advanced one that is designed particularly for CAD applications.
QUICK COMPARISON: Our Top 3 Picks For Mouse For CAD
This makes it necessary that you have one but picking a mouse fulfilling all your requirements can be tough considering the fact that there are these vast choices in the sector and with various designs being introduced every now and then.
List of Best Mouse For AutoCAD and 3D Modelling
1. 3D Connexion CAD Mouse (3DX-700052)
|Great ergonomic design Good for medium-large hands Two programmable keys on the side||Check On Amazon|
2. 3Dconnexion 3DX-700062 Cadmouse Wireless
|Very comfortable Has triple connectivity Comes with a hard-case pouch||Check On Amazon|
3. Logitech MX Master 3S Wireless Mouse
|Impeccable ergonomics and comfortable material Flow Control Triple connectivity||Check On Amazon|
4. Logitech G602 Wireless Mouse
|For customized control, it has eleven programmable buttons and a high accuracy delta zero sensor technology||Check On Amazon|
5. Logitech Wireless Trackball M570
|It has a sensor resolution of 540 along with a smooth & precise cursor control||Check On Amazon|
6. Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse
|With 20 buttons, the Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse is the most customizable and easy-to-use mouse||Check On Amazon|
7. Elecom M-XT3DRBK Wireless Trackball Mouse
|Designed with a high-performance gaming optics system sensor and lens.||Check On Amazon|
8. Razer DeathAdder Chroma Multi-Color Mouse
|The Razer DeathAdder Chroma is equipped with a 10,000dpi optical sensor||Check On Amazon|
9. Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse
|The Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball gives you the freedom to be hyper-productive without being limited by a USB||Check On Amazon|
10. 3D Connexion (3DX-700049) Space Mouse Pro Wireless
|SpaceMouse Pro Wireless keyboard modifiers offer easy access to Control, Shift, Alt, Esc functions.||Check On Amazon|
11. 3D Connexion 3DX-700034 Space Navigator For Notebook
|Has a comparatively smaller footprint, therefore is easy to use anywhere and is half the weight of SpaceNavigator||Check On Amazon|
Has a cable connecting wire, Is available in matte black color, Compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Vista only, Has a laser movement detection with up to 8200 DPIBuy on Amazon
The 3D Connexion CAD (3DX-700052) mouse is especially designed for CAD users and contemplating their working style, using a mouse wheel , and a dedicated middle mouse button, providing more comfort and convenience while controlling so that you don’t have to scroll the wheel.
It also has two extra buttons that are customizable for thumb use, as required from the CAD professionals. Having an ergonomic design, radial menu, more flexible options, and buttons for zoom in and zoom out, overall the mouse fits perfectly well to a user having a medium or large hand. But this mouse is only for the right-handers. As far as the AutoCAD list is concerned, this one here’s the best mouse out of all, designed focusing on consumer needs so that they can experience comfort.
- Great ergonomic design and choice of material, comfortable to use in longer sessions
- Good for medium-large hands and it has a dpi of 8200
- Very helpful middle button for scroll clicks and two awesome programmable keys on the side which can be used for zooming
- Omron switches don’t meet the expectation for the price
CADMouse Wireless – The true three-button-mouse is a rare commodity. Realising this, 3DConnexion released the CADMouse in 2015 and this year it’s back with an updated version that adds wireless connectivityBuy on Amazon
These days, an input device designed specifically for the CAD community is a very rare thing indeed. More often than not, we’re accustomed to using general purpose tools for systems that have a different set of requirements.
This is where 3DConnexion excels. It has good quality hardware along with a set of software that lets you tailor its products to your own workflows and often used commands.
The design and material of the device are pretty much like 3DX-700052. It is quite ergonomic and feels comfortable to use for during long sessions.
The same story goes with button layout and control as well. It’s a dedicated centre button for middle clicks, instead of relying on unreliable scroll click.
Even though it is plenty precise the DPI is somewhat lower — 7200 — compared to our previous entry.The two programmable side buttons are also present in 3DX-700062. Although there is no apparent difference from the previous entry, the keys feel a little more tactile.
- Amazing ergonomic design and choice of material, it is very comfortable
- Features like Smart Scroll, Quickzoom, and programmable buttons make it immensely convenient to use
- It has triple connectivity – a dedicated receiver, Bluetooth and USB cable
- It comes with a hard-case pouch to carry around in backpacks
- Lower DPI than 700052
It has an ergonomic design for palm grip, although its large size might not be well-suited for smaller hands. It’s a very sturdy wireless mouse that offers a few programmable buttons and nice features like gesture commands, making workflow more efficient.Buy on Amazon
Before we jump into the functionality part which makes this mouse an wonderful bargain for CAD, we have to deal with the design.
In short, the layout is amazing, some might call it legendary. Logitech understands how ergonomics work and MS Master 3S meets the Logitech standard of quality and comfort through and through.
It looks gorgeous too, from polygonal pattern on thumb remaining curvy body, this mouse is really beautiful.
And yet, the buttons and scroll wheels also showcase the MX Master 3’s largest improvements. The two buttons on the side, which most office users think of as back and forward buttons, are larger than before and have a gap between them, making it easier to distinguish between them with your thumb. Likewise, the gesture button is now marked with a small, raised line, making it simple to recognize, even for new users.
The chrome-plated crown jewel (or at least the most obvious improvement) on the MX Master 3 is its new electromagnetic scroll wheel. Instead of adding resistance mechanically, magnets in the center of the wheel add resistance at certain points, simulating a feeling of graduated ticking as you scroll line by line.
- Impeccable ergonomics and comfortable material. Working for longer sessions is a breeze
- Triple connectivity – a unifying receiver, Bluetooth and wired. It can be used while charging
- Triple connectivity – a unifying receiver, Bluetooth and wired. It can be used while charging
The Logitech G602 is a good overall wireless mouse. It connects to its USB receiver to get a very low click latency and has great sensor performance. Fans of high sensitivity might be a bit disappointed by its maximum 2500 CPI, but most people should be fineBuy on Amazon
Purchasing this mouse is an ever winning experience that you will get unmatched 250 hours of non-stop wireless power, greater reliability, precision in functioning, higher speed, and experience great relaxation with this lag-free wireless gaming mouse.
It is an engineering masterpiece using a build of excellent quality, an adjustable DPI to customize depending on your requirements, an energy-saving mode, and an ergonomic design that makes it very comfortable to hold it in hand well.
This mouse has applications that alerts when the battery is low, this prevents you from being interrupted in between your game or work. Its DPI options help you perform meticulous jobs with ease and it’s impressive performance with a listed response speed of 2ms, allowing working for long hours without any lag.
The best thing is that it matches all kinds of palm sizes. It had so many choices like finger controls of this fast scroll, speedy zoom in and zoom out, and a number of other cool alternatives. Undoubtedly one of the best mouses for 3D modeling that’s economical.
On the front of the mouse, along with the standard right and left buttons, two additional buttons set on the left edge of the left button for switching DPI on the fly, easily accessible to your index finger, but out of the way enough to prevent any unwanted button presses. All of the 11 buttons on the G602 use durable mechanical switches, and are rated for more than 20 million clicks.
- Comfortable right-handed design.
- Multiple thumb buttons provide custom control and macros.
- Excellent button placement for superior DPI switching.
- Energy efficiency stretches battery life to days and weeks instead of hours.
- No wired or rechargeable option.
- Software is Windows only.
The Logitech M570 is a retro mouse that brings back the trackball, improving long-term comfort and ergonomics.Buy on Amazon
The Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 is a very hand friendly mouse using a precision cursor control which lets you work anytime in any place be it your office, bed, desk, or a coffee table. This mouse has a time tested shape which enhances comfort thus making you eliminate the crampy feeling.
To say the design of the Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball Mouse is unconventional would be an understatement. Compared to nearly any other mouse, it looks like it was made for an alien. The interesting aesthetic isn’t an accident though.
Unlike other mice that require you to grip the mouse and move it around the desk, the Logitech M570 remains stationary. To navigate, you simply place your hand on the mouse and your thumb on the oversized blue trackball. This design not only relieves pressure that’s otherwise put on the outside of your hand, but it also minimizes overall movement by using only your thumb as the control.
- Long battery life
- Incredibly comfortable
- Won’t damage desk
- Quite large
- Takes some getting used to
The Logitech G600 has a unique MMO gaming design. It has a 12-button side panel, which is fairly common for this kind of mouse, but it also features a third button on top of the mouse, right under your ring finger, which triggers a new set of commands for as long as you press that specific button. This gives you even more customization options for your games.Buy on Amazon
This mouse of Logitech is among the most customizable and easy to use mouse having a excellent resolution and picture processing assisting designers to work on their designs with excellence and precision. This mouse you master your favorite MMO and provides lightning-fast accuracy for executing every task that you want to perform.
In terms of comfort, the G600 is a delight for anyone with a palm grip. Since the thumb controls 12 of its 20 buttons, there is no groove for the thumb. Rather, the index finger controls the left button, the middle finger controls the right button and the ring finger rests on a third button that activates the mouse’s macro controls.
The thumb buttons themselves are the mouse’s main draw, but what they offer in versatility, they lack in distinctness. Each button has a slightly different feel, but not quite different enough. Learning to navigate among 12 buttons with just one digit takes some time; doing so when the buttons differentiate themselves only through very subtle contours means that you’ll be making lots of mistakes at first.
- Plenty of programmable buttons.
- Very well-built design.
- Excellent performance; customizable.
- Unsuitable for small hands or fingertip grip.
- Large and heavy design.
- Stiff cable.
This Elecom M-XT3DRBK Wireless Trackball gets a decent 3.7 out of 5 stars rating on Amazon.com, where some people say it’s better than the Logitech M570, but others have minor complaints.Buy on Amazon
The Elecom M-XT3DRBK wireless trackball mouse is a great pick when it comes to advanced responsiveness and amazing adjustable resolution attributes. Having an ergonomic design, innovative gaming sensors, and 6 button keys, this mouse is perfect for people who are into long hours of gaming and 3d designing providing long term comfort. Its pointer speed is adjustable between 750/1500 count responsiveness and provides you smooth and reliable scrolling.
So far as comfort is concerned, you can use it for extended hours of work with excellent precision and connectivity lag-free with no interruptions. It has a scrolling wheel which can be tilted sideways providing you with additional functions within the applications.
- Has advanced responsiveness and an adjustable resolution
- Advanced gaming sensors and six-button keys
- Has robust wireless connectivity along with comfortable design
- Unsuitable for small hands or fingertip grip.
- Large and heavy design.
Razer’s DeathAdder Chroma gaming mouse serves up an ergonomic design, lots of customization options, and excellent performance.Buy on Amazon
The DeathAdder Chroma measures 1.73 by 2.76 by 5 inches (HWD) and features an exterior that curves to the natural shape of your right hand (sorry, lefties).
On the bottom left is a rubber side grip for your thumb to rest on, so you won’t have to worry about the mouse slipping out of your hand during intense gameplay. Right above the grip are two programmable buttons for custom actions that work as Back and Forward default actions for Web browsing right out of the box. Because they’re placed a good distance from the grip, you won’t click on either accidentally. Small indents on the scrolling wheel make it easier to grab with your middle finger when you’re gaming.
The scrolling wheel and the Razer logo both illuminate, and you can customize the lighting colors, choosing from more than 16.8 million options in the Razer Synapse and Configurator software that pops up the first time you plug the mouse into your PC.
You can pick different colors for the scrolling wheel and the logo, and you can set the light to pulse a single color, cycle through several colors, or remain static.
In contrast, the color options on the Corsair M65 RGB are static, and the breathing/pulsing and cycling colors available on the DeathAdder Chroma are more eye-catching than just a stationary light.
Several other mice, like the Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex, offer similar customization features, allowing you to choose your preferred color and pick from several lighting patterns.
- Good price.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Plenty of customization options.
- Smooth performance in testing.
- Not for left-handed use.
- No weight adjustment.
Wrist need a rest? The Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball has everything you need to make the fingers-only trackball experience your own.Buy on Amazon
For an “expert” device, the Kensington Expert Wireless looks and feels quite simple. The roughly rectangular block, measuring 2.7 by 5.1 by 5.8 inches (HWD, including the ball), has four large, triangular click panels that frame the hemisphere crater in which the ball sits.
The panels are loud and frankly a bit springier than what you find in most mice; it’s mostly a non-issue, but can occasionally become a distraction.
Around the ball is a textured scroll ring that looks a bit like the ring around an old kitchen timer. The ball itself is a large, smooth sphere of shiny red plastic. It fits into the rest perfectly and stays in place, so long as you don’t pick it up.
The device grows about three inches longer when you add the detachable wrist rest. This thick, firm, leatherette-coated pad serves as a guide, much like the hump along the left ridge of a mouse, ensuring that your hand sits in the right place with your fingers in the correct position over the trackball. (That’s important, especially for new trackball users.) It isn’t really plush, but it’s soft enough that your wrist and hand feel supported. Your hand stays in position, even during long sessions.
- Comfortable design, including game-changing scrolling ring
- Bluetooth and 2.4GHz wireless
- Detachable wrist rest
- Lots of customization available via config software
- Relies on disposable batteries (may be a pro to some)
- Noisy click panels
The SpaceMouse Pro Wireless 3D Mouse from 3DConnexion is a professional wireless 3D mouse that offers a compact controller cap with 6-Degrees-of-Freedom sensor technology to afford X, Y, and Z axis control.Buy on Amazon
The SpaceMouse Pro Wireless 3D Mouse from 3DConnexion is a professional wireless 3D mouse that offers a compact controller cap with 6-Degrees-of-Freedom sensor technology to afford X, Y, and Z axis control.
This mouse also features 15 fully programmable function keys and supports over 130 applications including but not limited to: Inventor, SolidWorks, CATIA V5/V6, Pro/Engineer Wildfire, NX, Solid Edge, 3ds Max, and AutoCAD.
The QuickView keys provide fingertip access to 12 views, so you can locate any errors, explore alternatives, and present your work for review. The rotation toggle key disables the rotation axes, providing simultaneous pan-and-zoom navigation; this is useful in work modes like sketching.
In addition to high performance, the SpaceMouse Pro is built with ergonomics in mind. The hand rest is full-size and has a soft coating for superior comfort. It positions your hand perfectly for the controller cap. Each of the 15 tactile, fully-programmable buttons is in a convenient position, and let you access frequently used commands. This all can translate to an efficient workflow.
- It has 15 programmable keys, a rotation toggle key, FQuick new keys, etc.
- This mouse has a 2.4 GHz wireless technology with a six degrees freedom sensor
- It has an internal Lithium-ion polymer battery which is rechargeable
- Varied features such as Virtual NumPad, Quickview keys, Intelligent function keys, on-screen display, keyboard modifiers, etc.
- The centre position of space navigator hinders the access of buttons on the left side
This model of 3D Connexion, 3DX-700034 Space Navigator For Notebook is an ultra-light and compact mouse having 3D precision making it an ideal companion of 3D designers and enthusiasts during their travel.Buy on Amazon
3DX-700034, has a space navigator along with a lot more but if you already have all your shortcuts sorted and just are looking for a space navigator, then 3DConnexion’s SpaceNavigor is the device you should get.
It’s almost as if they took out the space navigator for 3DX-700056 and made it a separate product.
The layout has no complaints from us. It just has one job and it does it well. We love that it has a certain weight to it that doesn’t let it glide around when you’re using it. Additionally, there are two buttons on the side for additional functionality. It is a bonus for certain but in our routine use case, we didn’t use it much.
In terms of space navigation, it’s the exact same 6 degrees-of-Freedom optical sensor from our past entry. Hence, it can simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate 3D models.
Couple SpaceNavigator with a good mouse and you’ve already got a pretty terrific CAD set up.
Many users won’t even bother to use half of the features of this space mouse from our last entry.
Thus, we think that this SpaceNavigator partnered with any mouse and a good design of shortcuts is a very robust setup for the majority of CAD users.
- Simple, functional and sleek design, the weight of it helps it stay stable while using
- It has two 2 programmable function buttons, one on each side, for added functionality
- Excellent for space navigation as it is equipped with a 6 DoF optical sensor
- The two included programmable buttons are difficult to use without visual cue
Things to consider while choosing the best mouse for AutoCAD and 3d Modelling
- Make sure that it has good compatibility with frequently used well-known CAD applications like Blender, Solidworks, Revit, etc.
- Choose whether you want a mouse with wire or a wireless version. It does not really matter as much as the working is concerned, both have their pros and cons. The wireless ones operate on batteries that will need to be charged or replaced but look neat compared to the mouse with cable.
- Also, ensure its compatibility with your Operating System. Mac and Linux users must check if the mouse works perfectly well with their operating system and the CAD program on that system or not.
- Next comes the build and design of the mouse, its keys, grip, etc. all these are an extra advantage and help in smooth usage. Usually, an ergonomic shape big mouse having a rubber grip near the thumb and on the sides of the mouse is perfect and highly recommended.
- Though not a popular preference, you can also go for the programmable mouse having different dedicated keys for a variety of functions like pan, zoom, etc. if you want and can work well with all these keys on your mouse.
- One aspect is relaxation. As performers work for long hours daily and use the exact same mouse for the entire time, it’s important to make certain that the tool you are using not just has good configurations but also provides you and your hand precise comfort.
- Another aspect is the resolution or sensitivity of the mouse. But this isn’t too important to consider unless your work requires using a mouse design with intense precision.
Also checkout this article on Best laptop for Serato DJs.
- Best Laptops for Real Estate Agents (2021 Latest Update)
- Top 10 Best Laptops for SolidWorks Latest Update
- Best Desktop Computers for Writers
- Best Laptops for Casual Gaming (Latest Update)
- 9 Best Laptop for Rhino 3D in 2021
- 9 Best Laptops for Alibre Design
- Best Mouse For AutoCAD and 3D Modelling in 2021 (Update)
- What is the Best Keyboard for Playing World of Warcraft?
- What is the Best Laptop for Serato DJ Software?
- What are the Best Keyboards for Accounting?